Canadian Certified Pedorthists (CPed C) are orthotic and orthopaedic footwear experts trained in the assessment of lower limb anatomy and biomechanics. With specialized education in the design, manufacture, fit and modification of foot orthotics and footwear, KineMedics’ Pedorthists help to alleviate pain, abnormalities and debilitating conditions of the lower limbs and feet that, if left untreated, could result in limited mobility. Our goal is to help patients achieve and maintain proper foot care and lower limb health, and live healthy, active lives.
Pedorthists are unique from other orthotic experts because they do not both prescribe and provide the treatment for their clients. Instead, similar to the collaborative relationship between a physician and a pharmacist, a physician or other medical professional recommends treatment, and the patient chooses which Pedorthist provides the treatment. This relationship helps to eliminate potential conflicts of interest, and ensures a high-level of quality in patient-care.
- Consultations with a Certified Pedorthist
- 1 hour in-depth including thorough history taking of your injury & follow-up
- Biomechanical analysis
- Flexibility testing, strength testing & joint range of motion testing
- Gait analysis
- Three-dimensional cast model of your foot
- Non- or partial- weight bearing cast/mold in sub-talar neutral position using plater of Paris or foam box impression
- Ensuring you fully understand the physical condition that requires pedorthic intervention
- Customized treatment plans
- Emphasis on activity specific footwear, strengthening programs & flexibility programs.
Customized Treatment Options
KineMedics provides you with customized treatment options to correct problems or injuries in the feet and alleviate the pain and discomfort that can limit mobility. These options include, but are not limited to:
- Custom foot orthotics and arch supports
- Off the shelf foot orthotics
- Footwear analysis and recommendation
- Footwear modification if required
- Ankle braces
- Compression garments/stockings
- Night splints
- Metatarsal pads/bars
- Strengthening & flexibility programs
- Off the shelf ankle-foot orthosis (AFO)